Dr. Ji-Hun YU (Korea Institute of Materials Science, Republic of Korea)
In PM industries, the net shaping of complex and precision parts has been an important issue in last decades. This session covers the recent technological development of powder net shaping research fields, such as Metal Injection Molding (MIM) and Additives Manufacturing (AM) or 3D printing. Especially, metallic AM process is a rising manufacturing process with metal powders and rapidly penetrating into PM industries as a new conceptual powder processing. This session provides the design of powder materials and processes, manufacturing processing, microstructural investigation with mechanical properties, and related post treatment, etc in MIM and AM technologies.
- Powder synthesis for AM and MIM
- Fabrication of feedstock and compounds/composites
- Manufacturing processes of AM and MIM
- Microstructures and properties of MIMed and AMed body
- Related post treatment (milling, HIP, heat treatment etc.)